Safeguarding children's welfare and safety is of paramount importance to our school. All staff undertake regular training with regards to aspects of safeguarding and child protection.
- Mr Macaulay is the Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) and Mrs Coe is the Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead (DDSL) and key Child Protection members of staff.
- Mrs Teresa Lyth is the Appointed Safeguarding Governor.
- All teaching and support staff have had Child Protection Awareness training.
- Mr Macaulay and two members of our Local Management Board are 'Safer Recruitment' trained.
- Mr Macaulay has been trained to deliver Prevent Strategy training to staff (WRAP Training).
- All teachers and teaching support staff have undertaken Channel General Awareness training with regards to the Prevent Strategy.
- Mr Macaulay has been trained as Educational Visits Coordinator and Health & Safety Coordinator.
- All teaching and support staff have undertaken a range of medical training including Asthma Awareness, Diabetes and use of an epipen for children with allergies.
- We currently have 14 members of staff who have successfully completed 'First Aid at Work' or 'Paediatric First Aid' training.
This is part of the government's counter-terrorism strategy aimed at preventing people from extremism and radicalisation of any form.
Click on the links below for a parents' leaflet regarding preventing extremism and radicalisation.